*Anyone who will be shooting on a Private Bay must check in, pay the range fee and must have read and signed the following page in-person and in front of CRR staff. Private Bay rental fees are based on 1-hour time slots and cost for the rental will be calculated at the end of your time on the Bay. A Debit or Credit card will be held during all Rentals.
Private Number Bay Rental Rules
These rules are only in effect when renting a Private Bay. If not renting a Private Bay, normal Cedar Ridge Range (CRR) rules apply. You must read, understand and agree to each and every range rule below.
- There is only one firing line for your Bay. You will never have individuals shooting or handling firearms(empty or not) behind the firing line. ALL shooting and handling of firearms takes place on one line parallel to the back berm.
- All Steel plates will be placed directly at the base of, and parallel to, the back berm.
- ANY STEEL PLATE DAMAGE DIRECTLY DONE BY YOU HAS A MINIMUM $250 CHARGE PER PLATE OR STEEL PLATE ACCESSORY.
- You may keep only the brass from your party. Leave any other brass exactly where it is.
- Safe firearm handling at all times. Never point a firearm at something you are not OK with destroying.
- Firearms will be carried pointed UP or DOWN if not cased.
- A MAXIMUM OF FIVE (5) PEOPLE ARE ALLOWED TO BE SHOOTING AT ANY ONE TIME.
- No matter who owns the steel plate or their design, you MUST be a minimum of TEN (10) yards away from the steel plate you are engaging.
- No Shotgun SLUGS nor STEEL SHOT may be used on steel targets.
- You MUST purchase a shotgun frame or rent a steel target if shooting ANY type of shotgun shell cartridge.
- All targets must be affixed to the frame, holder/pole, etc. No moving ground targets, flying targets, exploding targets or targets not made of paper or steel.
- You must ensure no steel plate splatter damages CRR paper frames or other equipment. This is normally achieved by placing the steel target behind the paper or well in front. You will be charged for splatter damages due to poor aim.
- All of your personally supplied steel targets, paper target holders and any other target must be approved by CRR staff before use.
- Eye and Ear Protection is mandatory for everyone on the Bay.
- Drawing from the holster must be done from strong side ONLY while not sweeping yourself with the muzzle.
- You MUST hit your paper target 100% of the time.
- Semi-Auto fire ONLY. No binary triggers, forced reset, bumpstocks or bump fire, etc.
- Leave the range as you found it, pick up all trash including shotgun hulls.
- A ceasefire must be called to go downrange of the firing line to change targets, spray paint, etc. Before anyone goes downrange, all firearms are cleared ( all ammo removed, actions left open or holstered) and anyone remaining at the firing line keeps their hands empty of all items.
- Before Payment can occur the Bay and any CRR equipment must be inspected by CRR Staff.